YAY! Oh La Femme turns 1. Annnnd just like that…I’m celebrating 1 year of blogging! Actually, I didn’t realize it’s been one year until my husband mentioned it to me the other day. I guess time does fly when you’re having fun, huh?! Well, today I’m going to change it up and share my experience on blogging so far, some tips, and how anyone (no blog necessary) can sign up with Influenster to receive free samples.
Blogging has been quite the journey for me so far. I never thought I’d get where I am today in just one year especially with the amount of effort(less) I put into blogging…which was not a lot. But it has become a personal hobby of mine, which has been very, very rewarding.
I don’t think I ever told you guys why I started a blog in the first place… and since I’m in the reminiscing mood, I think now would be most appropriate. Growing up I had many interests that I always enjoyed sharing with others. I would spend time making personalized binders and writing in notebooks in hopes of gathering all my thoughts and future to-dos. I always had the right intentions of sharing what I loved, but never the right platform…until I seriously considered blogging. After contemplating this venture, I thought, why not? So I started a blog. I never expected to be the best blogger on the market (although there would be no harm in that), nor did I think I had what it took, but I simply wanted to honestly share what I love with people of similar interests. And what better way of doing that, then through blogging?! So here I am.
I’ll be honest, I didn’t take blogging too seriously for the first 6 months. When I first started up my blog, we were in between a BIG move (from Canada to California), working hard at my day job, and coming home to a sink full of dishes. I had so many ideas bottled up with no time to share them. Well, not much has changed, after moving to California I got pregnant and was left demotivated with constant morning sickness, and fast forward to now, my hands are full with being a full-time mommy (as I write this at 2 am lol). But aside from all of that, I saw this blog as a hobby, and I made time for it when I could and it has definitely served me well. In these past 6 months, after investing more time, I have worked with a bunch of well-known brands which I would have only hoped to work within the past. And I’ll be sharing some of the effortless things that I do, and did that made this happen!
Blogging As a Hobby
Blogging has become such a big market in the past few years. Why? ‘Cause who doesn’t like sharing their 2 cents? It’s fun, interactive, and has many benefits. Also, I have connected and met some great people through blogging which has been a lot of fun! If you want to try blogging and if you’re ready to share your interests on a different platform, try it out. If you have valuable information to share, what’s stopping you? There is nothing to lose. I am currently blogging on WordPress, which is hosted by Bluehost. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. I love helping others join me on this blogging journey!
This is definitely true. These past 6 months I got sooo many free things I already lost track. I get weekly packages in the mail and it feels like Christmas every time. Some of my favorite brands that I have worked with are Influenster, Luxyhair, ASOS, JORD watches, Amazon, bootay-bag, and Shop Pink Blush.
How to Pitch to Brands
If you’re wondering how I worked with these brands, well it’s easy! Brands will contact you if they think you’re a good match, or you can pitch to brands to see if they are interested in working with you. I can’t tell you how excited I get when I receive emails from brands that reach out to me in regards to working together- but sometimes pitching out to brands that I would love to work with makes me more excited! I pick brands that I think would personally suit my blog interests. Isn’t that the whole point of blogging? At least it is for me, authenticity is key friends! When I pitch out to brands, 95% of the time, I end up working with them. I may not have the highest following or the most experience, but I try to keep my content genuine and qualitative. And most of the time, that is what brands value. Here are some steps to structure your pitch when reaching out to your desired brands!
- Introduce yourself and attach your social media handles.
- Tell them why you’re reaching out to them.
- Tell them why you think you’ll be a good “fit” to collaborate, and share your similar interests you have with the brand.
- Make your offer clear (etc. how you plan on sharing their item(s), and what you’re willing to do in exchange for their products.
Once again, you’ve got nothing to lose.
How to Get Started With Influenster
- Sign up and complete your profile.
- Start off by writing some honest reviews of products you have tried before. This helps develop your profile.
- Complete snaps: these are quizzes that help narrow down what you like and use so that Influenster can find you products that best suit you.
- Check your email regularly. You don’t want to miss this because Influenster will send you direct emails based on what matched up on your profile. These emails will consist of a survey quiz to see if you qualify for the next box. So you don’t want to miss out by not checking your emails.
- Next, after receiving the box, make sure you complete the “tasks”. These are the requirements after you have received and tested the products. If you don’t complete them then you lose credibility. More credibility=more boxes.
- Lastly, make sure to keep checking your email because after each box you will have to do a feedback survey based on what you got. These surveys are only valid for 24-48 hours so you don’t want to miss them either. These feedback surveys are the key to continue getting more boxes.
It may seem like a lot of work but it really isn’t. It’s no more work than checking your Instagram daily…or hourly lol. Remember, the more you keep up with these surveys, and tasks, the more credible your profile becomes which means more…and bigger boxes! The last box I got was my favorite so far with a total value of approximately $150, which were mostly FULL-size products. It’s worth it and totally fun. Sign up today!
My Blogging Must-Haves
Lastly, I’m sharing my favorite blogging must-haves that I highly recommend;
- Professional camera: Once I started taking pictures with my Canon Rebel, I felt like it brought my pictures to the next level. Quality photos are what people want to see! You can find my camera here.
- Bright light: If you check out my Instagram, you’ll notice I love using natural light to take my photos, it makes them more eye appealing and clear.
- White cardboard for background: I love using this as a backdrop or background for my flat lays. It’s a really nice clean look! And you can find it at any dollar or craft store.
- Pic Monkey Editor: I use this editor editing my blog photos, it’s easy to use, you can try it out for free, and its great for creating designs (ex. for Pinterest or Facebook).
I really appreciate the constant support of my sweet followers, I really wouldn’t be here without you guys! So thank you.♥
I hope you found these tips helpful. It’s never too late to start doing something you enjoy! Life is short, make it fabulous, friends!