Last week I turned 24! I still get super excited about birthdays because I’m under the 30 mark! YAY! I really don’t mean to offend anyone who is over 30, but really, being in your 20’s is so fun. Although I am looking forward to my 30’s and 40s… and that’s pretty much it, ha!
Growing up birthdays was always a big deal for us. My mom made sure to make each of our birthdays special and memorable. I’m sure glad I can pass down that birthday enthusiasm for my little family. Although my husband doesn’t think birthdays are much of a big deal (and let’s face it…not many men do) he always makes sure to make it special for me in a very sweet and personal way.
This year was especially special for me. After living in So Cal for already a year, we’ve had the opportunity to visit and discover so many neat places, my husband finished his first year of his Master’s Seminary program (more info below), my blog turned 1, and most importantly I delivered the sweetest little girl into this world. It’s safe to say this was my best year yet. So many changes, and precious memories all bottled up for one year. God has been good- like always and his faithful is seen through all the stages of my life.
So in honor of my (belated) 24th birthday, I decided to do something a little different. I wanted to share 24 things about me! Some of you may be reading my blog for the first time, or have known me forever, but I thought I’d love to engage you with some things you may not have known about me.
You’ll come to realize I’m a little more exciting than you thought…I hope. 😉
24 THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT ME
- I believe in God. I believe that Jesus Christ is my savior! He came to this earth, lived a perfect life, and died for my (our) sins. I live each day in His grace and mercy. I have peace in my heart and know that this is my temporary home. The Lord has been working in my heart and life ever since I was a little girl. I was fortunate enough to be raised in a Christian home where I came to understand the gospel and be saved. I was later baptized in 2010, and my life has never been the same.
- I was born and raised in Canada, but my parents are immigrants from Moldova (which used to be part of the U.S.S.R.). I have been back once when I was 13 and it was a great experience, although I am so grateful for the sacrifices my parents did to move to Canada in order to give us a better life.
- I got a Jeep Liberty for my 16th birthday. I was fortunate enough to get my own car at an early age because my dad is a mechanic/car dealer! I never really understood the amount of money needed for car repairs and monthly expenses until I moved out and got married. Talk about spoiled lol! Luckily my husband takes care of that now that we got married too, he he.
- I met my husband for the first time at church. I kid you not, the first time I saw my husband was when he walked into a church which I was visiting at that time. He caught my attention and I leaned over to my cousin (who was sitting right beside me) and whispered, “I’m going to marry that guy!”. Annnnd fast-forward to now, we’re (happily) married. 🙂
- We moved to L.A. for Masters Seminary. I get this question a lot. Ever since my husband and I were dating, we always wanted to get into ministry one day. We decided there was no better place than being at the Masters Seminary under Pastor John MacArthur’s teaching. It’s been an amazing experience being here so far. Grace Community Church is the best church we have ever been too. We are grateful for the Lord bringing us here.
- Belle was my favorite Disney character. Anyone else? It must have been her lovely characteristics, a willing heart, and her joyful spirited character that I always admired. Also, I loved the idea of falling in love with someone for their personality rather than their looks…even at a young age. But hey! I got lucky with both when it comes to my hubby. 😉
- My nails are always painted. Ok, maybe like 99% of the time now that I’m a mom. Fingers and toenails. Always. It kinda became a pet peeve of mine if they weren’t. And I only ever go to the salon 2-3 times a year. I find home mani and pedis are super relaxing and therapeutic. And I’m not too bad at painting them either.
- I’ve been baking since I was 10 years old. AND mostly on my own. Ever since my mom bought me my first recipe book (at my grade one book sale) I attempted many recipes in that book from a young age. Chocolate chip cookies were always my favorite attempt. I remember trying to make them on my own so many times with so many fails until I finally mastered them. I have loved baking since. There was always something baking in our house…not much has changed now. Oh, and the neat thing is, I still have that recipe book.
- I always make a disaster in the kitchen while cooking. Anyone who knows me can attest to that, lol. I use every spoon, dish, and pot necessary. My husband is always impressed with the end result which he likes to call, “masterpiece”, but when it’s time for washing those dishes, I get a lecture eveeeery time. It’s almost expected. I really can’t help it! But it’s nice that we can joke about it.
- I took a sewing class in high school and have been sewing since. I have always loved fashion, but once I learned how to sew, I had to invest in a sewing machine! I have my sewing station in our little LA apartment for whenever I need to adjusts, or fix clothes and occasionally I’ll sew something pretty. I’m so glad I acquired these skills which were mainly self-taught, it has been so fun coming up with designs and making them! I’m really hoping to get back into my projects once Ev starts taking longer naps (if that ever happens consistently…rolling my eyes).
- I love being a housewife. I always imagined my life this way. I hoped one day I’d get married and be a full -time stay at home wife and mom. And here I am. It’s a lot of work, but I couldn’t imagine my life any other way!
- I love almond milk lattes. Ever since my sister-in-law, Ramona introduced them to me, I’ve been hooked. I don’t think I’ll ever care for a regular milk latte again. It’s. that. good.
- I used to play the piano and sing in my church choir. Yup. I have been playing piano somewhere under 10 years old up until my twenties. I used to sing and play at my church too, but life just got busy and I stopped. I do miss it though and if give me a piano today, I’ll still be able to play something. At least a few melodies.
- A day doesn’t go by when I don’t wear lipstick. Life’s too short to be boring, right? Even though I’m a stay-home-mom I still manage to put on some lippy before the hubs get home. It makes me feel feminine and pretty. My favorite go-to is MAC “Mehr”, MAC “Fast Play Amplified” and Burberry Liquid Lip Velvet “Fawn”.
- My favorite junk food is dark chocolate and salt ‘n vinegar chips. I was never into chips until I met my husband- he’s a chip kinda guy and they go especially well when we are having a Netflix kinda night!
- My natural hair color is light-medium brown. I can honestly say I LOVED my natural color which shimmered gold in the natural light. Buuuut of course, I had to experiment with different colors growing up. I’ve dyed my hair black, dark brown, reddish-brown and now I think the blond locks are here to stay!
- I always wanted to be a figure skater or ballet dancer. So graceful, so elegant and feminine. This was always a desire of mine but my parents thought that putting me in piano and vocals was more rewarding. It was. But I can’t say I don’t have moments when I wished otherwise.
- I loved hip-hop dancing growing up. You probably wouldn’t have guessed, huh? Well, yup, I remember being part of a middle school hip-hop class during recess breaks and watching the movie, “Honey” (starring Jessica Alba) over and over again with my cousins. I was always the choreographer… we definitely have some good memories, lol.
- My favorite singer growing up was “JoJo”. Remember that song, “Too little too late”? Well, I knew all the words to that song and I still do now lol.
- I’ve wanted children for as long as I could remember. I’m so thankful I always had this desire in my heart, and that I was able to conceive and have a beautiful little girl! Every time I look at my little Ev Mae, I am reminded of the Lords goodness in fulfilling the desire of my heart since I was a little girl.
- We’ve moved 5 times in the past 2 years. Crazy, huh? But it’s true. From getting married to moving to L.A. we’ve made a lot of memories. Our biggest move was from Kitchener (Canada) to Los Angeles (United States) with a 35hr road trip. It was a lot of fun, but I would never want to do it again!
- I have a Dental background. Ever since I was young, I was always strict with my dental hygiene because I had very sensitive teeth. So I decided to go into the dental field. I started off as a Dental Assistant, worked my way up as a dental coordinator while going back to school to complete my degree in Community Health. I have one more year remaining in my program, but I don’t have a desire to go back because I enjoy being at home and mommyhood so much. But like they say, education is never a waste. I have definitely learned a lot.
- Most of the clothes in my closet are 30$ or less. I love shopping, always have, always will! And the first thing that I see when I walk in a store is, SALE! Anyone who knows me knows that I always find the cheapest prices for the cutest pieces. I guess I just have an eye for it? Or, could it be that I make weekly trips to the mall, and daily views on my phone? Probably, but it works for me! My favorite shops are ZARA, ASOS, H & M, Forever 21, Amazon and Target.
- My day isn’t complete without a prayer, shower, my baby’s smile, and my husband kissing me before bed. It really is the little things in life that are the sweetest. [masterslider id=”1″]
Thank you for all your sweet birthday wishes, dear friends! I’m excited for what this new year has in store for me. 🙂