So here I am, onto week 24 in my pregnancy, 15 weeks to go. This little babe is the size of a papaya and is really starting to make a grand appearance. A couple months ago I used to get the awkward stare and hesitating question, “Oh, are you pregnant?” With a look of uneasiness on their face not knowing if they blurted out the question before it was too late. Now there isn’t any hesitation. People just know. Now I get the question, “Aw, how far along are you?” or, “When are you due?” and many times I get a shocked reaction when I answer, “I’m only ___(24) weeks.”Some people think I’m well into my third trimester, but to their surprise I’m only a little over half way there! It has definitely been an interesting experience so far. So many exciting moments of anticipation of the unknown. After getting back from being home (Canada) for the holidays, this little babe started kicking like crazy! I was actually a little worried that I didn’t feel her kick by 20 weeks, but by the 21st week she started and hasn’t stopped since. Kicking and bouncing is very normal. But apparently, my doctors says that she has a lot of fluid movement in the belly, which may lead to sleepless nights and discomfort. This is all normal and very good signs of a healthy babe, so it’s moments like this that I have to remember to be grateful and praise God for a baby that appears healthy so far. 🙂
It’s true when people would tell me that I would feel better during my second trimester! I truly feel great! I can eat everything- and a lot of it, I also started eating foods that I would dare look at before pregnancy (like McDonalds being one of them-uh!). I really want to commit to a healthy diet but sometimes, the temptation is sooo real, I can’t deprive this babe. haha. My husband is definitely shocked by my eating habits, seeing that I was never like this before, it has been a shock to me too. But I am definitely trying to maintain a healthy diet even though I have some minor slips along the way. 🙂
I wanted to do this sooner, but time just flies! Below, I have listed my favourite pregnancy items up to date, which have significantly helped me! I will be posting and talking about where I find all my pretty pregnancy clothing. ‘Cause fashion does not stop at pregnancy! 😉
My Favourite Pregnancy Items:
Simply click on the picture and it’ll show you were I found them!
Morning (all day) Sickness Candy
- Developed by healthcare professionals to provide relief from morning sickness
- This is a special formulation of essential oils, aromatherapy and a unique delivery method, now with vitamin B6 (which helps with nausea)
- I would bring these candies with me everywhere, they were so helpful when I felt the onset of symptoms
Belly Balm– to prevent stretch marks
- A unique, safe, and effective blend of butter, essential oils, and botanicals to help prevent stretch marks, improve skins elasticity, and hydrate your skin
- Made with all natural ingredients including Chamomile and Comfrey, this effective and safe balm will deeply hydrate and improve your skins elasticity and help skin naturally stretch while providing relief of dry and itchy skin (this was me a couple weeks ago, it works like a charm!)
- 100% natural ingredients, no harsh chemicals, free of preservatives and artificial fragrances
- I like to use this product along with coconut oil on a daily basis
Pregnancy Bras- a must!
- As a result of a changing body in pregnany…and I mean life changing, I really needed something comfortable and supportive. I am so happy I came across this bra set. Most days I don’t even feel like I am wearing ta bra- which is awesome! ha
- Supportive, yet super comfortable
- Great price for 3!
Pre-Natal- highly rated
- It was really important for me to find the top of the line pre-natals, after much research I thought these to be the best fit for me based on what I was looking for
- RAW means no high heat, synthetic binders, fillers, artificial flavors, sweeteners, colors or additives commonly used in tablets. Whole food means RAW Food-Created Nutrients are blended in a base of 23 fruits and vegetables together with food cofactors
- This pre-natal vitamin was rated top 5 on multiple websites for leading vitamins during pregnancy
- Not harsh on the body, and I often take them on an empty stomach
Iron Supplement- highly rated
- After getting blood work done, I was Iron deficient (like 99% of women it seems) so I wanted to find the best and most effective supplement on the market and on my wallet 😉
- Floradix contains an easily absorbed form of organic iron with extracts of carefully selected herbs, delicious fruit juices, and vitamins C and B complex- iron is best absorbs with Vitamin C, which it contains
- My doctor told me to purchase any iron that was labeled “slow release”. Which simply means it’s slowly released and absorbed in the body and will not cause constipation. This brand is actually rated on the top 5 iron supplements for pregnant women based on my findings.
I hope this helps you, I did a lot of research to ensure the best safety for my baby and myself during pregnancy. Make sure to do the same!
Baby Shower Details
I know I’m a little overdue, but I really wanted to share some of my special moments, and details from my baby shower when I was back at home for the holidays. I felt so blessed to have been showered with the amount of gifts and love from all the friends and family that attended! I seriously have enough clothing items for my baby’s first year- and I’m not just talking about clothes, I got so much more. <3
I got this beautiful illustration done by my talented fellow blogger, Joanna who does such a great job to customized the illustration to your expectations. I absolutely loved doing this for my gender reveal, “It’s a girl!” and I also used this illustration to make electronic baby shower invitations. It was perfect, and exactly what I wanted.
Be sure to check out more of Joanna’s work here!
You can easily make free electronic invitations by downloading an app, any would do. If you don’t want to pay for it- simply screen shot it and customize it yourself! (that white blotch is the white out for the contact info 😉
Of course, I ended up making/designing my own dress. I will be talking about that soon. SO stay tuned.
Here are the pretty details of the party decorations. I think the desserts were my favourite. hehe!
Many people asked where I got these adorable realistic rose gold cutlery from- well you can find it here!
Everything turned out so pretty, and I couldn’t have done it without the help of my friends and family. <3
Make sure you let me know what you think! I love hearing from you.